Posted: Nov 12, 2018
The Middlebury men's soccer team saw its season come to an end with a 2-1 loss to St. Joseph's (Maine) at an NCAA Regional hosted by Amherst.
- Trailing 1-0, the Panthers tied the game at the 78:01 mark with a tally from senior Daniel O’Grady (New York, N.Y.). Junior Drew Goulart (Weston, Mass.) played a pass ahead of O’Grady, who ran on the ball before flicking a quick shot into the far corner of the goal over Mullen. The tally was his fifth of the season and just the second given up by the Monks this year.
- The tie lasted less than seven minutes as St. Joseph’s scored the game-winner with 5:06 left to play.
- Middlebury held a 15-7 advantage in shots for the game and a 5-2 edge in corner kicks.
- Sophomore goalie Matthew Hyer (Sudbury, Mass.) finished with a pair of saves
• Men’s soccer final record: 10-4-3
• Season Complete