Tufts scored 21 third-quarter points on its way to a 35-13 win over Middlebury in the season finale for both teams. The Jumbos (7-2) finish the season in third place in the NESCAC standings, while the Panthers (5-4) placed fourth overall.
- Middlebury scored on the game's opening possession as sophomore quarterback Will Jernigan (Decatur, Ga.) found the end zone rolling to his right from seven yards out. The drive was aided by an 18-yard connection from Jernigan to junior Aidan Power (Toronto, Ont.) and a pair of Tufts penalties.
- After the Jumbos tied the score at 7-7, the Panthers went back on top in the second quarter after taking advantage of a turnover. Junior Coltrane Marcus (Venice, Calif.) picked off a pass, leaving the hosts good field position at midfield. Jernigan connected with senior Jimmy Martinez (Maplewood, N.J.) for 28 yards before scoring on a nine-yard rush of his own, giving his team a 13-7 lead after a missed extra point.
- Tufts scored the final 28 points of the contest, including 21 in the decisive third quarter, en route to the 35-13 victory.
- Jernigan finished the game 17-28 for 187 yards with one interception for the Panthers, while senior Conrado Banky (Katy, Texas) caught six passes for 60 yards.
- Senior Kevin Maxwell (Scotch Plains, N.J.) earned eight tackles, two tackles for lost yardage and a sack for the defense.
- Tufts held a 397-238 lead in total yards, as the teams combined for 16 penalties for 174 yards.
• Football final record: 5-4
• Season Complete