Top-ranked Middlebury opened its season with three shutout victories last week. The Panthers started the season with a 10-0 road win at Castleton on Wednesday, followed by a 4-0 NESCAC win Saturday at Connecticut College. Middlebury continued its solid start to the fall with a 7-0 home triumph over the University of New England.
- Seniors Amanda Bozorgi (Antioch, Ill.) and Grace Jennings (Ghent, N.Y.) both scored twice in the win against Castleton, while sophomores Diana Milne (Dexter, Mich.) and Erin Nicholas (Scarsdale, N.Y.) each had a goal and an assist. The Panthers held a 40-3 advantage in shots.
- Four different players tallied goals against the Camels, while senior goalie Megan Collins (Greenwich, Conn.) made three saves for her first career shutout.
- Middlebury held a 26-9 advantage in shots and a 16-2 edge in penalty corners in the win.
- Six different players scored goals in the win over UNE, including two tallies from senior Molly Freeman (North Kingstown, R.I.). Nicholas finished with a goal and an assist.
- Middlebury held a 25-4 shots' advantage in the contest, holding a 16-3 edge in penalty corners.
- Through three games, the Panthers have a 14-0 edge in goals in the opening 35 minutes and 21-0 margin overall. In the first stanza, Middlebury possesses a 27-0 advantage in corners and have given up just one shot on goal.
• Field Hockey record: 3-0
• Up next: 9/15 vs. Amherst – 11:00 a.m., 9/16 at Hamilton – 12:00 p.m.