The Middlebury men’s and women’s track & field teams continued their strong outdoor seasons, competing at the two-day Silfen Invitational on Friday and Saturday hosted by Connecticut College. The Panther women won the invitational collecting 116 points among 20 scoring teams, edging out Bowdoin with 108. The men finished in second place among 22 scoring squads with 85.5 points, trailing only WPI with 97.5.
- The Panther women notched four event victories en route to the team title. Senior Katherine MacCary (Los Angeles, Calif.) won the 10,000 meters (36:12.06), stopping the clock 1:01.51 ahead of the runner-up finisher. Classmate Rory Kelly (Winnetka, Ill.) claimed the 5,000 meters (17:22.29), winning the event by 19.36 seconds.
- Senior Abigail Nadler (Chicago, Ill.) raced to a victory in the 1,500 meters (4:35.22), while junior Alex Cook (Kenilworth, Ill.) won the long jump (17’9.75”).
- On the men’s side, the Panthers claimed two individual event victories. Senior Jonathan Perlman (Bala Cynwyd, Pa.) led the field in the 1,500 meters (3:53.44), winning by 2.94 seconds. Off the track, classmate Minhaj Rahman (Woodhaven, N.Y.) continued his impressive season by claiming the hammer throw title (188’3”), winning by 5’6”.
• Track & field teams compete at Silfen Invitational
• Up Next: 4/19 at Larry Ellis Invitational (hosted by Princeton), 4/20 at Williams Invitational