The Middlebury ski teams currently sit in third place at the Dartmouth Carnival. Friday’s giant slalom races at the Dartmouth Skiway were postponed due to weather and will be made up on Sunday, February 17. Vermont leads the carnival with 914 points, one point ahead of Dartmouth, with the Panthers holding down the third spot (703). Nordic action was contested at Oak Hill.
- On Friday, senior Sam Wood (Harpswell, Maine) covered the 15K freestyle course in 45:30, good for fifth place overall. Classmate Lewis Nottonson (Acton, Mass.) and sophomore Peter Wolter (Hailey, Idaho) placed 26th (47:32) and 27th (47:44), respectively.
- Junior Annika Landis (Hailey, Idaho) came in eighth overall (31:51) for the women. Placing 32nd was sophomore Avery Ellis (Montgomery Center, Vt.), who crossed the line in 33:29. Rookie Mae Chalmers (Landgrove, Vt.) had a time of 34:35 to put her 41st.
- In Saturday’s nordic action, the men’s and women’s teams both placed third in the 3x5K classic relay event. The women's squad comprised of Ellis, sophomore Alexandra Lawson (West Burke, Vt.) and Landis finished with a combined time of 49:48. On the men’s side, Wolter, Nottonson and Wood ended the race in 42:53.
- The Middlebury men finished third overall in the slalom race. Sophomore Erik Arvidsson (Woodside, Calif.) was the top Panther finisher in sixth place (1:37.44). Classmate Justin Alkier (Toronto, Ont.) was 14th (1:37.27), followed by senior Angie Duke (Stowe, Vt.) in 18th (1:39.62).
- Leading the women was sophomore Lucia Bailey (Calgary, Alb.) in seventh place (1:44.27). Sophomore Madison Lord (Kittery Point, Maine) placed 15th in 1:45.70, while senior Caroline Bartlett (London, Ont.) was 19th (1:46.37).
• Ski teams finish third at the University of Vermont Carnival
• Up Next: 2/15-16 hosts Middlebury Carnival, 2/17 at Dartmouth Carnival (Giant Slalom)