The Middlebury men’s hockey team went 0-1-1 during a home-and-home series with 14th-ranked Williams. On Friday in Williamstown, Middlebury outshot the Ephs 32-28, but could not find the back of the net, as the hosts added an empty-netter for a 2-0 victory. The next day in Kenyon Arena, Middlebury battled back from two, one-goal deficits to earn a 2-2 tie.
- In Saturday’s contest after the Ephs scored short-handed, the Panthers responded 30 seconds later when senior Kamil Tkaczuk (Oakville, Ont.) wristed a shot into the top of the net.
- Williams took a 2-1 lead with a second-period goal. Middlebury leveled the game at 2-2 with 12:37 elapsed in the final period on the first collegiate goal by rookie Conor Breen (Barrington, R.I.).
- Junior goalie Brian Ketchabaw (Rye Brook, N.Y.) had 50 saves for the Panthers over the two games.
• Men’s hockey record: 8-11-3
• Up Next: 2/15 at Hamilton – 7:00 p.m., 2/16 at Amherst – 3:00 p.m.